Workshop: Twist and Shout
This fast-paced workshop encourages participants to showcase vintage quilt top fragments into a contemporary quilt. Vintage blocks are set with a twisted template into an exciting new setting. Students are encouraged to bring their own vintage blocks and fragments, or they may purchase a kit of their choice in class. Finished sizes will vary.
Enjoy quilts from Mary’s book, Recycled Hexies and become inspired to create your own treasured pieces.
• Vintage blocks or top fragment (you will need enough to cut at least 9 squares that are 6 inches each)
• No precutting is necessary before class
• One yard of coordinating solid cotton fabric
• Thread to match or a neutral
• Basic sewing kit to include scissors, ripper, rotary cutter and mat
• A square ruler is helpful but not necessary.
• Sewing machine required
Optional kits are available for purchase directly from the instructor. Kit is $30 and includes everything needed for a small wall hanging.
AQS Certified Appraiser
author, instructor, historian, curator of all things fun and quilty
- Workshop: A Wonky Star – Improv with a Vintage Twist
- Jun 05 2021
- 10:00 am - 4:00 pm